Saturday, July 21, 2007

BTS & ATS- Kansas City

Students from the ATS participating in an advance technique workshop.

After a long drive from Camp Hope, we rolled into Kansas City and met up with the other part of our group from Detroit. All the saints there were very hospitable and warm-hearted. After being there for two weeks it was very hard to leave because it was as if we were leaving life-long friends. Both weeks were very profitable and full of discussion. I believed I learned more than anyone. One Friday of the first week, we went into the open air. In between meetings, I was passing out gospel literature and got into one of the most interesting conversations I have ever been in on the streets. The lady, who said her name was Righteousness, told me some very unique things. She believes that the church today as we know it was started by the Nazis and the Mafia, therefore it is her job to bring about the real church. She also told me that she had never sinned sinned since she was four and the Bible was made up by a group of men to lead people astray. As we talked, I was struck by how confused people are. Even though she is loopy, she is a soul from who Christ died and one who He loves. The Lord used her in my life to remind me of the urgency and needfulness of the gospel. I hope this is a lesson I never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment