Thursday, August 02, 2007
Observations from City Culture Day
As I sat on a bench in Battery Park, discreetly watching Ashlyn and Lynn interview people, the joyful squeals of children racing, jumping, and splashing in a fountain ran through my ears. Watching the content faces, the water spurting, and the drooping trunks of the little boys, a refreshing mist from the fountain came over me, via a slight breeze. Suddenly, another mist covered my face: tears from the realization that these young children will one day grow into men and women. Not only that, but the fact that these were souls for whom Christ died struck me as it never had before. Instantly, images from the day before flashed into my mind. Sixty plus children with hands stretched out singing, “I’m in-right, out-right”, the giggles and cheers from them while playing a puzzle, and the look of understanding and peace when seven-year-old Megan learned for the first time that Jesus took her place. Looking back to the children in front of me, an awesome sense of responsibility, to them and the world, overwhelmed me. The eternity of these children, people, could very well hinge on wither or not I faithfully share the gospel. While I sat there in the shade of an oak tree taking all this in, I pondered the these questions: What am I doing with my life? Who am I seeking to please; men or God? Do I care about the eternity of men? These questions deserve answers; answers that will take time, study, and much searching within myself. Afterwards, the errors that are found must be corrected.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey kathleen, its great being with you this week! I know that we have already butted heads, but im really really glad to see you. ;]]] i LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete- sarah
Kat:
ReplyDeleteWe are egar to read new postings on what you are doing / what God is doing in you / what God is doing thru you.
Grandpa and Grandma