Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Eastern Michigan University


Tom conversing with two friends; one a Lutheran, the other an atheist.


Today we went to Eastern Michigan University for the first time. This university is only about a 10 minute drive from the University of Michigan, but the atmosphere is worlds apart. We preached once, and there were a couple very good conversations. One conversation Brandon and I were involved in was with a lady named Billy. A very kind, caring woman, Billy practices Buddhism. Most of the time I just listened as Brandon talked with her....I found some of the things she was saying, very interesting. According to her, all roads led to a good place, maybe Heaven, and what the world needs is more love, compassion, and tolerance. We ended on good terms with her and gave her some gospel literature. Please pray that what we said will make sense to her and that she will not rest until she finds her rest in Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment