Saturday, May 01, 2010

Words from a Stranger.

Its a Saturday morning and I am cleaning my brother's room. Every now and again it needs a good cleaning to make sure no new fungi have grown. I am rewarded nicely by said brother, so no complaints there. As I am going through a mountain of books {a love of reading. one of the many characteristics my brother and I share}, I receive a text message from a friend, "Wanna go grab some lunch?" I reply with an affirmative. She comes by, asks a sister to go along and we get in the car to make the decision as to where to go.
A "quick service" place it is. We order our food, arriving at different times at our said table. It is lunch hour and the place is hopping. I sit next to my friend, my sister sitting across the table. She holds out her hands to both of us, and my friend thanks God for friends and food...two joys of life. Once she finishes, a man sitting at the next table with a lovely lady and three young children leans over and says,

"Thanks for showing my kids that big girls pray too."

1 comment:

  1. hey when are you leaving again? and you really should post a pic of your friend :)

    ReplyDelete