Monday, April 30, 2007

The World of Buddha

A Buddhist monk lighting devotional lamps
A young Buddhist Monk

Tomorrow, I am presenting a paper on Buddhism for a class at TEPSE. As of 2000 it is estimated that more than 350 million people in the world are Buddhist. It is a way of life for many areas of the world, but it is seeping into the western world as well. When we were in Chicago a couple of weekends ago, we were walking back to MBI from dinner and Chris told some people on the street that Jesus loved them. One girl, who was about 20 and did not look Asian at all, laughed, saying, "I am a Buddhist." That does not change the fact that Jesus loves her! So many times I see different cults and religions as unbiblical, which they are, but I fail to see that Christ loved and died for the people in them too. He wants to have a relationship with them. He would be just as saddened if they went to hell than if I or any "good person" did. 350 million may just be an estimate, but Christ knows exactly how many there are because He died for and intensely loves each and every one of them. Who, then, I am to judge and therefore not share the good news with them?

1 comment:

  1. Patricia Ann wrote a paper on the same subjrct in her second year at EBS.

    ReplyDelete