Friday, November 16, 2007

Ecclesiastes 3:14

Something I have been mulling over the past few days;

"I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever: nothing can be put to it, not anything taken from it, that men should fear before him."

How comforting to know that in the midst of vanities of vanities, there is one think to strive for, the work of the Lord. God works through people, so whatever He does through someone will last forever. I pray I never, even for a moment, lose sight of this precious truth. I want to live for things that will last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Do you remember the plaque we have hanging in our living room?
    "only one life, will soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last."
    Lots and lots of love,
    G&G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not remember the plaque...I will have to look for it over Christmas, but I do remember the quote. Jim Elliot, right?

    ReplyDelete