Saturday, January 30, 2010

I really should write. I need to write. I enjoy expressing my thoughts through written word. And I like being able to look back at this thing called my blog and see what has happened in my life. Looking back and remembering. Tis grand. But I have been busy and gone from internet access and just do not know where to start up again. So much has happened that I just do not know where to begin. I suppose I will just dive in see where I end up. That's what I normally do anyways. It may not all make sense, but since when do I make perfect sense?
I had the opportunity to stay up in the mountains for a couple of weeks. And I jumped on it. I live in the valley that supports the mountains surrounding it. The missionaries here go up into the mountains six days a week to work with the people there. But some the the places take two or three hours to get to, so sometimes they stay up in the mountains for a week or two to work more closely with the people there. These past few weeks was on the those times. And oh how I enjoyed it. Spending time with these people is always a great joy, but to be with them day in and day out was wonderful....knowing them, learning about their lives, praying and working together. Yes, the language is a barrier, especially because many of them do not speak Spanish, and while my Spanish is progressing, it is far from flawless. It reminded me again how grateful I am for the work of Christ on the cross.....not only is salvation available to all, but the work of the cross breaks through and liberates from any language or cultural barrier.
So I am learning, growing, and loving my Lord. Not always an easy process, but who got us started on thinking "The easier the better"? No, no, no. The blessed the best.

And that's all I got to say folks.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment