
I have been working on a project that deals with the nature of science and the nature of faith and how they relate. In my Google search, this chart came up again and again on different websites and blogs. In my naive way of thinking, I used to think that people did not really believe stuff like this or at least not anyone that I ran into. In my mind, my Christians would just exaggerate a bit and I did not really see the importance of knowing reasons for creationism; thats just what the Bible says. As I have spent more time talking with people, particularly at colleges, I have come to see the fallacy in my understanding. Often when I have asked people, if they believe the Bible, believe in God, have any religious affiliations, or similar questions, their response has been, "Well, I am a science major" or something along those lines. Sometimes I am tempted to say, "Your answer in no way answers my question!!" People see a wall between science and faith, that they contradict or should never over lap. This yields, atheism, agnosticism, or people who are religious for religion's sake. It leads to a denial of a person Creator who was revealed Himself and wants a relationship with mankind. If there is no relationship with God, that relationship cannot be broken. This continues in a downward spiral, with people's world view not allowing for the need of a Saviour. All that to say, I have learned that understanding what people are thinking and why God designed things the way He did is vital. Needless to say, I have very much enjoyed my study so far and I look forward to being able to adequately talk to people about Christ. Sorry for rambling....
good thoughts...have a book called Why won't they believe? that talks about this very thing. Love you.
ReplyDeleteMom