Today when we went to the nursing home, we decided to do a versionof kids meeting for them. Becca explained that we did this for kids around the country and gave rules and I was the "hawk eye", looking for the best behaved. Tom lead us in songs, singing several hymns and children's songs, including "I'm in-right, out-right" and "I'm in the Lord's army" with hand motions and everything. Becca did a magic trick, the three rope, which illustrated that we are ALL sinners, that God loves EVERYONE, and that ANYONE can go to heaven through Jesus Christ. Christopher then told the story of Big Jim and Little Johnny, illustrating it on the paint board. At the end, he drew application from the story to the gospel and gave a very clear, simple, message. Afterwards, we spent some time talking with people. They loved it and talk about a captive crowd for us! They also love having their picture taken and are amazed that they can look at it on the back of the camera seconds later. :)
Some lovely ladies (and a couple men)....


The lady I am with got the prize for being the best. She sang, did motions, raised her hand to answer a question, and listened attentively during the story. When she got the prize, she was shocked, started crying, nd jsut said "Thank you"
Some ladies at a different table


Christopher telling the story, with Colin listening intently



Becca was the meeting leader and our magician!


Christopher painting



Colin, the man to the right, accepted Christ as His Saviour the first week we went to the nursing home. Brandon sent along a Bible for us to give to him this week. We hoped he would be able to read it, having doubts because of the small lettering. He was able to and sat there for a few minutes reading through the Word.
I am loving all the posts! :]]] I can't wait till you come home!!!!!
ReplyDeletewe are studying Matthew at ladies Bible study and are at the end of chapter 4...when Jesus called Peter/Andrew/James/John..fishermen that He would make fishers of men...we talked about evangelism and this week I had shared the story about Colin.
ReplyDeleteMom