
Today, or rather with a second look at the clock, yesterday, is Easter, Resurrection Sunday. I have been contemplating what it would be like if Christ had not risen, and therefore what His resurrection does, or proves. Why did he have to come back physically from the dead? Through His rising, He conquered sin and therefore death. This makes His resurrection of utmost importance to share when telling someone the gospel. I have so many thoughts about this and books have been written on the subject, but I think the one verse that sums up the matter beautifully is I Corinthians 15:57:
"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Our victory rests in Him! Its a thought that baffles, leaving my mind running with no end in sight. We have victory because the tomb is empty! Praise Him!
But as with all good things, we have to make a big deal out of the small things, rather than dwelling on the reason for the occasion. This was my first Easter away from my family and how blessed I am because this has not been the case earlier in my life. Last year, Easter happened to be the day of the last round of the Master's so I was in Georgia then. :) As I thought about and prayed for my family, I was hit with the realization of how blessed I am. I am blessed because of the family of Christ and specifically the branch of that family the Lord has put me in for now. As we approach graduation, and thus change, I think we are all realizing how precious the time is now....we are not going to be in these days much longer and we will look back and long for these days in the years to come. That being said, we had all the other "orphans" come over to spend the day together. It was going to be a simple (well at least simple for an American Easter) meal....someone brought the ham, others brought veggies, another brought drinks, someone brought bread, we made a couple of side dishes and dessert....and it turned out to be a feast! We sent some of the leftovers home with the guys and we will still be eating off of the rest of them for a week. We have been blessed with abundance. We spent the afternoon chatting (such a northern word, I know), playing games, watching movies, and other little things. This afternoon was beautiful and sunny, so Christina and I took a walk, but by dusk it was snowing. Yes, SNOWING on Easter Sunday. Oh the joy! It was some of the prettiest and biggest snow flakes I have ever seen! Well, I know that I have been rambling on too much if I get around to weather again. :) So, I'll stop now. Hope you had a blessed day remembering the One who died, but yet LIVES, so that you can have the assurance that you will spend eternity with Him!
A couple pictures from today:



No comments:
Post a Comment