Last night, we had the staff, our fellow students, and spouses from The Ezekiel Project over for dinner one last time. As we all gathered around the table, we laughed, cried, discussed class of recent days, talked about the funniest moments of the past couple of years, the most memorable times in the open-air, road trips, first impressions off each other, the Lord's goodness, how we each ended up sitting around that table, the trials, remembering the first night like this, and simply encouraged one another. Christopher put together a movie of pictures from the last two years and we showed it after dinner. While I hate to admit it, that movie had me in tears. It was where we had come from, what we had become, the joy and the tears, learning so much, times in the open-air, changed hearts, sweet times together, and all that the Lord has done, what He wants to continue to do through each of us and knowing that "what the Lord does, it shall be forever..."
Another confession. Since we were having people over for dinner, we kinda had to make dinner. Brandon was great and came over early to make chicken parmesan. To complement this dish, I made pasta. Most everyone was in the living room, and almost everything else was ready. I kinda forgot to turn on the noodles till a little late, but that was fine. The problem came when I tried to drain the water from it. The noodles ended up in the sink. Not in something in the sink, but in. the. sink. People were getting hungry. I remembered what we say when problematic situations arise in the open air: "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome." So, I quickly (before anyone could walk in the kitchen) scooped up the pasta, but it back in the pot, rinsed it about five times, then put it in the serving dish. If anyone knew the difference, they never said anything. Oh, and the sauce was chunky, so that might have helped! :)
[Note: I had every intention of taking pictures, but as with every other good intention, I failed. I will try my best to put a copy of that movie up here, but who know when that will be.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haha... PLUNDER!!!
ReplyDeleteBlunder**
ReplyDelete