This morning I went to a local farmer's market for the second time. I have grown to love the place. Its just a tent in the middle of a parking lot and different tables set up containing produce from a farm near by. They bring in the produce daily, so its fresh and the variety of fruits and vegetables change each time you go. The workers there are nice, and the lady who served me today was just a dear. Plus, they are much less pricey than the grocery store. Very reasonable. I walked out today with apples, plumbs, tomatoes, a green pepper and a red onion and $10 less in my pocket. Unfortunately, the close at the end of October, so I only have a few more weeks to take advantage of them.Earlier this afternoon, Andrew called me to quote the AWANA verses he has been working on for tonight. He did a great job. Word perfect, in fact! I was extremely encouraged by the words he spoke and the progression of the thought.
Romans 3:10 "As, it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Psalms 130:3 "If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?"
Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
II Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift."
By the time he got to the last verse, I was struck by the simplicity of it. What a wonderful, or to borrow the word of Paul, "unspeakable", gift we have been given by God! Its time to take pleasure in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment