Whenever Caroline was up here a couple of weeks ago, she was reading through Lamentations for some reason unknown to me. One morning she was a bit distressed and dramatic and read to me a verse from the book. "Mine eyes, mine eyes overflow with water..." I had a good laugh about it. But since she has left, I have found myself going to that little book tucked away in the Old Testament a few times. I am shocked by the sorrow of Jeremiah over the state of Jerusalem. (I am not sure why this shocks me. The book's name is Lamentations, after all.) Then I read something today:
"Winners of souls are first weepers for souls."
It struck something me and has my mind mulling.....
Kat:
ReplyDeleteWe are so pleased that you have such love and concern for the lost. We pray you will always be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit in your life. We are sure you will never know, in this life, all the results of the seeds you have sown. But we pray you can be aware of some of the results in order to encourage you on for the Lord.
Grandma and Grandpa