Friday, December 11, 2009

Did you ever?


I have always wished that I could be five again. Seriously. Ever have those moments where you just step back and realize that you will never.ever.never be a kid again? Please do not misunderstand, I love my life. I would not trade it for anything, because, well, this is where God has put me. But still, whenever I think that I will never think like a child again, or have the same carefreeness of a child, I get a little sad. I mean, no more good excuses to climb a tree or jump off a wall....but why do you need an excuse to do those things? Just LIVE!
Ok. Now to get back on track.....I am living like a kid again! But not in the ways I was hoping. You see, people in this country that we call Mexico speak a language called Spanish. And where I come from, the people speak English. I have been learning a lot. And I do mean a lot. Even I am impressed with my ability to communicate this much in under three months. But I sound like I am four. I know I do. And it drives me crazy. Especially when I am treated like I am four just because I sound like I am four. Oh and if you think that is funny, you should have heard me read part of Judges 11 out loud yesterday. Talk about sounding out words and everything again! Oh me oh my!
BUT I am using this whole thing to my advantage. People tend to be more sympathetic when you sound like a four-year-old. For example, when we went door-to-door last Saturday, I said a couple of things then said that my friend want to share more. I think it opened doors (literally!) that might not have been opened otherwise. And isn't that just like the Lord? To take the things that I am ashamed of (my Spanish) and use it to win people to Himself?

No comments:

Post a Comment