Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Dentist.

This morning I went to the dentist before work.
This is one of the few times that I have gone without a few of my siblings also being there to get their pearly whites checked out as well.
After my cleaning, while we were waiting on the x-rays and the doc, I sat there and thought about how different my dentist experience was form when I was younger....
*My siblings would be there. And it wold take literally hours to get through everyone. We would take books to read and schoolwork to do while we waited. This time I only had to sit in that room for three minutes before I got called back.
*I used to always be able to get something from the "treasure chest" after it was all over and a really cool new tooth brush. No treasure chest this time and the tooth brush was just boring.
*They have TV's in the cleaning rooms, and The Andy Griffith Show would be playing. And that show is by far my all time favorite. This morning, the just had pictures of different mountains and waterfalls and such. But as I was thinking about it, the TV went blank, and then guess what came on? You guessed it! The Andy Griffith Show! I smiled to myself.

So being at the dentist this morning made me wish I was a kid again, but then I remembered that I will not be going to the dentist for about a year because I will be in Mexico. Suddenly I was very happy again that I am an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment