Monday, August 17, 2009

In That


One night while we were camping a pretty massive storm rolled in. It took a couple of hours to come directly above us. Those couple of hours were really nice because it provided heat-relieving wind. I had placed my chair so that the waves would lap up over my feet while I read my book. As I sat there reading, the storm came. Lightening scattered throughout the horizon and the sky darkened. The intensity of that storm was more than I had ever witnessed. The normal reaction to have in that time would be one of fear, but for me during that time I knew nothing but comfort and peace....as I had never felt before. I think it was something about not having any worries on my mind and knowing that I was only surrounded by things God had placed there....the lightening, the beach, the vast ocean, the thunder, and wind. It was as if all was as it should be....................

And yet with those whole move-to-Mexico thing, my patience about not knowing every.little.detail. about how everything is going to work out, has worn thin. I mean, what exactly am I supposed to get done between now and then? I have doctors visits, and school stuff, and people to visit, and a roommate to find, and packing, and deciding what to keep here and what to get rid of, and family to spend time with. And what about work?
And not that I mind those things, at all. I am actually looking forward to all of it. I find it exciting. And the unknown thrilling....well to a point. And that point has come and gone. Because well, in case you did not know, I am a planner. I like to be able to look at the "To-Do" list and see how it will move into the "Done" list. And because of all the unknown factors, I am not able to do that right now.

Just like in that storm, I am not able to control the factors around me. The Lord holds control in both of the situations. And slowly, ever so slowly, I am learning to find comfort and peace as I have never known in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment