Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Jesus


Last night was the final AWANA until the New Year. We ended early, all the groups came together, including the youth and adults, and we all sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. Afterwards, there was cake, ice cream and gifts.



For our lesson in Cubbies, we talked about giving....how the Father gave us the Son and how the wise men realized that a little baby was very special and showed it by bringing Him precious gifts. For an activity, the Cubbies decorated sugar cookies to give to their parents. I must admit, I was a little wary going into it, but they did a great job and mostly confined the extra icing to their fingers and not everything else!


Below they are playing their favorite game. I call it the "Train Game". They take turns leading each other around the lines in the gym, making up where they are, like a jungle or the beach. They talk about all the animals and of course they end up getting chased my some not-so-friendly bears. All the while, some of them chant "Chugga, chugga, chew, chew!"

No comments:

Post a Comment