Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Beloved Chair


Last fall, Christina and I went on a walk. After a few minutes we stumbled across a chair. Sitting all alone at the end of a driveway. The leaf cover orange leather was torn and dirty. I. fell. in. love. It was awkward to carry back, so I pushed it down the dirt road. You should have seen the looks. Barb let me keep it to add a flair of color to my corner of the office.

Well, today, when I got back to the Barn, my chair was no longer there. Christopher is up for a visit, so he is taking it back with him to North Carolina. I will get it from him once I move south. So, I shall see it again. But the desk does seem a bit empty without it.

The real story is that I had always wanted to blog about finding the chair, but never did. Then it just got to the point that it would be weird if I did write about it for no good reason because it happened so long ago. So in the end, today was just my excuse for being able to blog about my beloved chair.

1 comment:

  1. Glad we finally got to see the chair. You mean God was so good that He gave you one with wheels so you could push it?
    G&G

    ReplyDelete