Today we went exploring again, or as the boys like to call it, "on an adventure". We went down the bike path to the bridge, then climbed down to the creek. We hiked along the creek for a while, admiring the different forms of springtime. One of the boys enjoyed pointing out things that were not natural, like bottles and plastic. Then he pointed this out....
O big ole bear right in the middle of a fork in the creek. I went down to get him and discovered that he was huge and water logged! I felt bad leaving him there, because I thought that would make me an assistant in the littering. So I carried him back.
We named him Mr. Oreo because half of him is perfectly white and the other half is disgusting. Right now he is sun bathing outside Chrisitna's apartment. I think the boys want to take him home with them, but I do not think they will have much luck with that. He will probably take a nice long vacation to the dump after they leave.Christina heard that Mr. Oreo may have ended up where he was at in the creek, because of a break up. Whoever owned him was just so feed up with the relationship that they dumped him the river. What else is there to do with a giant bear holding a heart that says "I love you?"
Any other thoughts on his life before we met him?
Why don't you clean him up and rescue him and add him to your teddy bear collection? Or are you too old for more of that?
ReplyDeleteG & G