Thursday, April 30, 2009

Target and Mark

"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble....the Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear, or be dismayed." Deuteronomy 31:6,8

~I do believe these verses will hold a special places in my heart for the rest of my life.~

Almost three years ago, I, at age 17, had my car all ready to leave the next morning to start live away from my family up in Michigan. It was a Wednesday night, so after meeting they had a little good bye party for me. One of the men came up and had me read the above verses, and some surrounding them. He said "Now darlin', you are going into enemy territory." (For those of you don't know, enemy territory means the North.) But then he reminded me that no matter where life would take me, the Lord would go before me and they would be praying.

Then tonight, two days before I am leaving Michigan, I was given a little plaque with these verses on them as a going away present.

Many things have changed between that first night and tonight ---circumstances, thoughts about things, relationships with people, and experiences. But it is great to be reminded again that no matter where I go, the Lord is going before me.

Yesterday I found these cute little guys in the wood box. They are so tiny and just at the point where their eyes are opening up. They are helpless. They lay in the box on top of each other to keep warm, waiting for their mom to come feed them. Yeah, I am pretty much the same way...we all are, actually, pretty helpless. But God is worthy of my trust.

"In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed; deliver me in thy righteousness."

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart..."

"Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him..."


The Lord has His ways of showing me He knows me better than I know myself...my needs, wants, and the desires of my heart. There have been several seemingly insignificant circumstances that the Lord has placed in my life this week to show me that He cares and that He is there.
And while the kittens are oh so cute, I hate cats. I named these Target and Mark. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment