Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Honest Truth


I miss my family. Not in a homesick-need-a-hug type of way, but a life-is-happening-and-I-am- not-there sort of way.
I got this text message from one of them the other day....
"I think you are the fox and I am the hound and we are the bestest of friends. Even though we are growing while we are apart we stay the bestest of friends til the end."
And then a letter today...
"Dearest Kat- Things aren't the same without you. I simply feel better, think better, smile more, sing more..."
One of my sisters turned 18 a couple of weeks ago....this is also her senior year of highschool and her last semester rowing....and I have never been to a regatta.
My two youngest siblings got baptized a couple of Sundays ago.
My older brother is graduating from college. COLLEGE!
I could go on....
But the thing is in their day-to-day lives, I know little of what they face....their trials, joys, triumphs, fears, laughs. I used to know the members of my family better than I knew myself and they knew me better than I did. They are my closest friends, the people I am the most proud of, and the ones I want to share the joy and pain of life with......and now I am just. not. there.
Christ is abundantly sufficient. He knows and cares for me more than anyone ever could....and the same for my family too. It's a comfort, but makes me miss them all the more.

1 comment:

  1. Is there truth other than "honest" truth? I think you have gotten to know yourself better while in Mich. I hope you like and love yourself the way we do.
    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete