
....it's what's for supper on Sunday.
On most Sunday nights growing up my mom would make some type of breakfast food for supper. Normally we would have had a big meal after morning meeting but would be hungry again around supper time, especially if we had been somewhere that evening. Sometimes it would be eggs, or baked oatmeal, or pancakes, or anything else. I liked it.
So last night I made myself an omelet and some biscuits and cut up an apple. It was not near as good as mom's cooking, but I still enjoyed it. There was a certain comfort to it....just having something the same as it used to be. I guess that would be why they call things like that "Comfort Food". Whatever it was, I enjoyed the experience, plus, it gave me leftovers for this morning.
By the way, what is the difference between lunch, supper, and dinner?
Those are biscuits? Hmm... ;) Speaking of comfort food, talk to CH. I mailed her a few cups of grits!
ReplyDeleteWell, sorta, I had to make them with whole wheat flour, so they were a little dense.
ReplyDeleteI saw the grits and wanted to steal them, but refrained because they were a gift.
Glad you had a chance to let your mom know how much you miss her cooking.
ReplyDeleteGrandpa
that looks yummy, especially the omelet...BTW I think dinner is the big meal of the day, whether lunch or supper. But I think for true southerners, "dinner" is lunch and "supper" is what you eat in the evening! ~Mom
ReplyDelete