
Definitions:
Competition: active demand by two or more organisms or kinds of organisms for some environmental resource in short supply
Competitive: relating to, characterized by, or based on competition.
Every single person in my family is downright competitive. And we love it. We give our all on the field and then let it go (well, most of the time) once we are off. None of us buys into the "we are all winners" humbo-jumbo. Any day to day task has the potential of becoming a competition. When I was with my family a couple of months ago, I cam downstairs to all of them, including mom, holding each others' noses, as seen to the left. The occasion? A hold-your-breath contest. They had to hold each others' noses to insure that there would be no cheating.
I love 'em.
And the spiritual lesson is - we try to hold our spiritual breath by not letting the Spirit live out thru us. Thanks, Kat, for making me think of this.
ReplyDeleteGrandpa G.
if i were there i would use both hands to be extra sure they didn't cheat -- because i know my daughter and grandkids!
ReplyDelete