Friday, March 20, 2009

Travel on Trains


Friends of mine, the Andersons, who used to live in Michigan now live near Frankfurt. I went and visited them yesterday. It was my first trip on a real train, but I was sure I could do it. Well, everything was spiffy until I got to Frankfurt, where I wondered around in the general area I was supposed to be, looking about to try to figure out where to go. Eventually I found someone who spoke perfect English, and she got me on my way.

It was wonderful at the Andersons'. They live in a quaint little mountain town. And their home is simply lovely...and so were they. We spent this morning walking around town and then I left to come back here to Shannon's.

I love all the different modes of transportation here. When I started off this morning, we drove to the train station. I took a train to Frankfurt. Once in Frankfurt, I got on the main train to Stuttgart. After I got to Stuttgart, I took another smaller train to Ludwigsburg. After that I took a bus to Ossweil. From the bus stop, I walked to the house. I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to get around....and I had no problems this time. I even had several people asking me questions, but most of the time when they found out I could not speak German, they moved on.

When I was walking back, I kept thinking to myself, "I did it! I made it all by myself." It was fun.

And I can be a bit dramatic. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment