Monday, March 09, 2009

The Weekend


Sunshine. When I ventured out to do a couple of errands on Friday, I thought it was unusually warm. I figured it was above freezing and because it has been so cold, I find that warm. Obliviously I was shocked to find out it was in the 60s. O glory be! I quickly neglected my to-do list and spent the day studying in the sun, going for a walk, and gathering sap out in the woods....I even ended up with a bit of sun on my face and arms. It's a start!

The couple I live with make maple syrup every year, so there is always a lot going on in March. A couple of weekends ago, we tapped the trees and set everything up in the woods. This week, because it warmed up so much, the sap ran. Its fun wading through mud, tramping around the woods, and hauling around buckets. A nice, quite, step back from life. So that was Friday.

The rest of the weekend was wet and overcast. With that and the time change, I was sleeeeepy.

Down south my family had a full weekend with a regatta, basketball tournament, quiz rally, and a wedding. It almost made me glad I was not there, because then I would have to decide what to be apart of. Almost.

My younger brother will be here at the end of the month for about a week. I firmed up plans with my mom last night. I am so excited. I asked him what he wanted to do while he was here, and I said, "There are so many, I don't think I could name them." We are going to have a great time.


Then this morning, I booked a ticket to a little place in this country.....


....I leave Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment