Monday, April 06, 2009

Chess


When Andrew was up in Michigan last week, we played a lot of chess. Mr. Don faithfully taught Andrew the lay of the land. When he first started, all he would do is mimic what you did. That gets aggravating pretty quick. Mr. Don asked a lot of questions like, "If I did this, what should you do?" "If you did that, what would be my move?"
Drew learned that to be a good chess player, predicts what happens several moves ahead. One move changes the whole game. Every move matters.
The same is true in life. The decisions I make today, affect the ones I will have to make tomorrow. Every action matters.
The thought of making the wrong decisions makes me apprehensive, but looking on to what is best, knowing that it is out there, thrills me to no end.

1 comment:

  1. I did a pretty good job of teaching your oldest brother... don't you think?
    Papa

    ReplyDelete