Psalms 121 has been very dear to my heart for several years. Anytime I need a breath of fresh air from the Lord, I go to that little Psalm. Whenever a storm comes, that is where I go for comfort. It starts off, "I will lift mine eyes to the hills, from whence cometh my help?" And that is pretty much what I do when things are hard...look around and ask where I can get help....wondering if it will ever come or if it would just be best to throw in the towel now instead of keeping on. The answer comes next, "My help cometh from the Lord..."
Well, this morning I read this Psalm again and thought of the time that I had searched the hills for help, and the Lord was there to answer. Well, then I went across the page and read Psalms 123:1 "Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O thou that dwellest in the heavens."
And then I realized, all those "hard times" in my life where I have "lifted my eyes" to the hills for help and the Lord was there....well those times, those times God has been using to cause me to look to Him. Directly to Him. No more searching the hills. He has proven Himself to be my Provider, Protector, Comforter. There is no longer a need to search the hills. I have found my Help, my Sustainer.
Mr. Paul read Psalm 121 this a.m. at the Lord's Supper...it is his favorite...the word for keeper is used six times, although sometimes translated differently...The Lord is the Keeper of my soul. I've been thinking about that thought today even before I read your blog...Love, Mom p.s. Glad you're home!
ReplyDelete