Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Small Thing

Today Aggie and I were in the car together when I spotted a fresh produce stand. I had been hoping to find one close. Ya know, fresh fruit, helping out local people, and its normally cheaper than the supermarket. We turned around to go back and as son as we got in there, the man introduced himself. He said since I had just moved to town that I get a free pound of tomatoes. I was pretty excited about that, but the generosity just kept on going from there. We left the tomatoes, lemons, plums, a cantaloupe, a watermelon, a pepper, and apples. All for $2. As we were leaving, Aggie said, "The Lord has proved Himself faithful yet again!!"



Yes, yes, it is true. He is faithful in so many ways. We were pretty excited but I agree with David when he talked about the Lord making a covenant with him.... "And this was yet a small thing in thy sight, O Lord God...." II Samuel 7:19a


And for those of you local Augusta people, the fruit market is on Davis Road between the bridge that crosses over I-20 and Washington Road. If you are heading toward Washington Road, it is on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment