Saturday, May 30, 2009

The First Week

Well, the first week was pretty much the same as the first day. Oh so wonderful and exhausting. The counselors are the best. Seriously. They all put in everything they had into the week and exercised unconditional love and patience. There were a few crazy moments like fights, parents sending their kids to aquatics camp and telling them not to swim that day, bloody noses, and me calling out the wrong kid to talk to him about his misbehavior. Um, yeah, I told the wrong kid that if he kept acting the way he was, then he would not be back at camp next week. That was embarrassing.
The theme for the week as "Mad Science" so we built rockets, made slim, and talked about some miracles of Jesus. For the last day, I made an eyeball cake that I was way too proud of, but even with that realization, I think it looked amazing.
Monday starts a new week of camp.
As always, prayers are greatly appreciated, so keep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment