Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Conversation

Tonight at the park, I kept a watchful eye on the swings watching for one to become available. After what seemed like hours, one opened up. After I had been swinging for a while the swing next to me opened up and a girl of about three claimed it. The following was our conversation.....

Girl: "Are you my sister's teacher?"

Me: "No, I don't think I am. I am not a teacher.:

Girl: "Well have you ever been a teacher?"

Me: "No."

Girl: "Why not?"

Me: "I don't know. I guess I could be if I wanted to be."

Girl: "Well, do you want to be one?"

Me: "Not right now. Right now I want to be a kid."

Girl: "Oh...."

Me: "So do you have a name?"

Girl: "Yes. " *a brief minute later* "You can call me Olivia."

Me: "Well is that your name?"

Girl: "No, but that is what you can call me."

No comments:

Post a Comment