
"Disposing of property by voluntary transfer without receiving value in return."
"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver."
"No one has ever become poor by giving."
"Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege."
"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
"It is more blessed to give than to receive."
I was talking with a very dear friend about the reality of the above statements, particularity the one directly above. As I was expressing, I love gifts. Especially the unexpected, random, "just because I love you", sort of gifts. The are so much fun and most of the time make me speechless (um, yes me, speechless!) and leave me in shock.
But giving, not being given to, is a different story. Many times it just seems foolish, because well, the nature of giving, is that you really have no good reason to give that person anything. You make like them or think they are cool, but since when is that a basis for giving. Yet, that is what makes giving so darn wonderful. I friend told me today that it just makes her downright giddy to give. A good way to describe it. And it is especially grand when you know it is exactly what the Lord would have you to do. There is just something freeing about completely thinking about another person and not myself. Isn't it that the way we were designed to be anyways?
And now I am getting to the point where I am just rambling, but these truths are ones that God has impressed on me in many ways over the past several weeks. In fact, it is at the very core of who He is....
"For God so loved the world that He gave..."
hey hope you have a safe trip
ReplyDelete