
When he was younger, my younger brother Andrew was very passionate about saving the taps of off cokes. Sometimes it got to the point that I thought it was obnoxious. I mean, they were just coke tabs. But why was he collecting them? Because he could give them to a lady from my church and she would take them to Mexico to give to native missionaries who worked there. They in turn could turn them in for money. Andrew had people everywhere saving these for him. And who could deny such a cute four-year-old? Five years later, people are still saving tabs to give to him.
You know that song that goes, "Thank you for giving to the Lord. I am a life that was changed"? I remember stepping back, watching Andrew count out those precious tabs, crying, and thinking, "He is going to have a crowd of Mexican Indians come up to him in heaven and say, 'I am here because of your faithfulness as a young boy.'" I can hardly wait to see it!
But I may be able to catch a glimpse of it sooner than I thought. I am going to be living with those same missionaries who Andrew labored so faithfully for. Lord willing, I will meet some of the fruit of their work, and realize just a bit of the impact that Andrew has already had for eternity.
And you know that it can only be the Lord when faithfulness in collecting coke tabs is turned into changed souls for eternity! Just tabs? I think not!
*Edit: Andrew read this and told me he thinks he was five or six, not four when he started.*
No comments:
Post a Comment