Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Goodnight World

I am writing for the sake of writing. Sometimes it is just helpful to get thoughts out of the brain and on paper (or a computer). It always makes things seem clearer, so hopefully t will work this time. I have lots of thoughts in this wee little brain of mine, but they all seem kinda muddled and the ones that are clear seem pointless. How is that for a great combination?
This past weekend I went to camp. I thought I was going to set tables and clean bathrooms, but it end up that they needed a couple more chaperons for the weekend. When I told my older brother what I had done for the weekend, he said "I guess they are taking and anybody now a'days?" SO encouraging! Basically it was my job to make sure nine thirteen and fourteen year old girls made it where they were supposed to go without harming themselves in the process. Oh, and make sure they got to bed at a decent hour. Easier said than done with them being away from home for the weekend, packed full of sugar, and what is that over there, but a BOY!! Yes, we were an easily distracted bunch! It is amazing how the good Lord still works in our lives, constantly drawing us to Himself, despite us being ourselves. That is just one of the many reasons why I am fond of Him.
For work right now, I am doing odd jobs for people and teaching swim lessons a few hours a week at the Y. Before now I has never really taught a swim lesson, but I learned a good bit working in aquatics camp this summer and I am learning as I go. Some people had told be that teaching was a pretty horrendous job, but I am actually pretty fond of it. My last class of the night is helping in an adult beginners class. There is one male and he is seventeen. The rest are female and I would guess they are all over thirty-five. If I was a comedian, I would forever have material from this wonderful group of people. They are all coming over for dinner after class on Thursday. Praying for a way to tell them of the abundant life they can have in the Savior.
Other than working here and there, I have been traveling a good deal, spending time with people, other odds and ends(like doctors visits with lots of shots! but good news is I am healthy and have prescriptions for meds I might need over the next year.), and packing....
My plans for going to Mexico right now are thus....
Will be leaving sometime between the 18th and the 23rd of this month. It depends on what is best for the people down there and a couple of other little things. That is as early as ten days from now or two weeks from tomorrow! I will fly from Atlanta to Mexico City and more than likely take a bus from there to Rio Blanco. I will be traveling with a missionary, so praise the Lord I will not be going alone! Although, I am never really alone, right? Yet another reason to love my Lord.
I have come to the conclusion that I may finally learn to watch my tongue over the next few months. I mean, I will not really be able to carry on a conversation for three months and whatever I do say, I am sure I will have to think long and hard about. Most of the regrets I have in my life are from saying whatever I think before actually thinking. You would think that I would have learned my lesson by now, but alas, it is not so. Makes me excited.
Right now I am listening to a message in Spanish from the chapel that I am going to be a part of down there. I only catch a few words here and there, so I have no idea what is going on. Maybe I will listen to that same sermon a year from now. Hopefully the conclusion will be different.
Well, I think I started this post a couple of hours ago, stopping here and there to get other things accomplished. So, goodnight world.

No comments:

Post a Comment