Friday, September 04, 2009

Random Winner


One evening, a few weeks ago after work, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. It had been one of those days at work, and I was just plain out.of.it. I got up to cash register and was off in a daze when the lady said something. *Darting my gaze upward, and shaking my head* "Ummm, what?" She repeated herself and said something about giving a dollar to dying kids, or something like that. At that moment, I could not have cared less about dying kids, but I did not want her to know that (because my worth is defined by what the cashier thinks of me) so I said, "Uaaa, sure. I mean, of course."
Well when I was on my way to Michigan last week, I got a voicemail, that said, "Congradualtions, Kathleen, you won our drawing for a charcoal grill." And then I rembered that the buck I had spent the few weeks before entered me in a drawing. I was unbelievably excited. More than an average person would be about a charcoal grill, becasue, well, I had WON something! I hardly ever win anything! I mean, it is not like I enter drawings and the like often (only when caring about my repuatation, obviously), but I actually won. It was a pretty great feeling.

Buuuutttt, I had no idea what I was going to do with it. Becasue, well, I am going to Mexico pretty shortly here. I asked around to see if anyone wanted it. All answers where a negative, so the guy who was going to load it into the car took it off my hands. And I think he was pretty stoked. I still was. Becasue even it is not in my possesion, I won it.

No comments:

Post a Comment