Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Conversation with a Sibling

"Kathleen, I do not want you to go to Mexico."

Me: "Come here."

*A hug and some silent tears*

Me: "You know I love you and I am going to miss you?"

"Yes."

Me: "And you know this is what Jesus wants me to do, right?"

"Yeah. I know. But that does not mean I am not sad about it though."

Me: "You know Jesus loves us, and only wants what's best for us?"

"Of course."

Me: "I am going to be sad to be away from you too, but I think we would both be more sad if I stayed here."

"I guess that's right."

Me: "Besides, I will have Skype, so you can see still see my pretty face."

"Hahaha. Yeah right."

*Hops up and moves on with a smile*

3 comments:

  1. I echo your siblings feelings, as pertain to another someone special in my life... love reading your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kat I love you
    ~Caroline~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will love you and never forget you but I will miss you so much last night before I went to bed I prayed to God that He will protect no matter what happens God will be with you. I am glad you are in good hands
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete