Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Some Details

As promised earlier, below are some of the limited details that I know about my upcoming exhibition...

* I will be living in Rio Blanco, which is a city in the state of Veracruz. It is approximately four hours south east of Mexico City. It is not some small town. I have heard that population wise, it is about the size of Augusta and sustains the villages around it. I have also heard that you feel like you have stepped back in time 50 years when you are there.
* The couple that I will be living with where discipled by my grandfather's uncle and aunt, (that would make them my great-great-uncle and aunt), who where missionaries in Mexico for over 50 years. We discovered this little detail after all the arrangements where made. I guess you could say it is a small world, but I think it is God blessing the faithfulness of his servants to the 3rd and 4th generation. They said I can stay with them as long as I want....till the end of my life even. I wonder if they will still say the same thing after I have been thee re a few months.
* The church I will be a part of there has 300+ believers, many of whom are have dedicated there lives to ministering to the people up in the mountains through evangelism, follow-up, discipleship, and church planting. The website for this place can be found here.
* I am not sure how long I will be staying. Different groups come from the States in the summer for short term missions trips. Once I get there, more than likely, I will pick a group to come back with.
* I will be expected to be up by 6:30, which I have no problem with.
* A missionary from my chapel will be taking me down there and staying a couple of weeks. We are flying from Atlanta to Mexico City, where someone will pick us up at the airport.
* Rio Blanco is far from the boarder and all the drug related activities.
* I have been to the doctor and I am in perfect condition to go. I had to get a few shots, which was no fun. I also have medications for any strange thing I may encounter, like H1M1 or stomach problems. (and if you know me, you know I am going to have those!)
* The mail system is very unreliable there.
* For those of you who do not know, my sister will not be going with me at first. She is hoping to come around the new year.
* One really cool thing that happened to me last week is that I lost my debit card. I got a temporary one and they sent me a new one in the mail. How is that a "cool thing", you may ask? Well, my debit card would have expired in May, but because I got a new one, it does not expire until 2013. I should still be in Mexico in May. Do you know how much of a pain it would be not to have my debit card?! I think God gave me the absentmindedness so that He could work out that little detail. Well, that's my story and I'm sticking with it.
* I have a camera to use while I am there. And I also have a laptop. All of that worked out in the past five days. Crazy? I think not! The Lord being in control? I think so.
* There is this really neat thing called Skype. It is basically phone over the internet, so I can talk to my family (and others!) for free, if they have it too.


And that is all I can think of for now.

Contact information:
Email: kathleenboudet@att.net
Skype: kathleen.boudet
And of course, facebook.



1 comment:

  1. Couldn't sleep...been catching with your last week of posts...you are a pretty amazing woman! I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete