I love traveling....not just the going and doing something part, but the getting their part. yesterday, my flight to Atlanta from Detroit was delayed, so I just sat and watched people.....so fascinating. All people from all different walks of life. Caused me to wonder what their story was.....how did they end up here? What do their lives look like?
Because of the delay I had to book it to my gate to leave for Stuttgart...but made it in plenty of time to sit and wait. People make me laugh...they call for boarding and people all jump up to go stand in a line for 20 minutes. I wait my turn and enjoy the madness.
The flight from Atlanta was almost 9 hours....for some reason my body did not want to sleep, so it was movies, reading, and people watching for me. Oh, and I also have a knack for asking pretty dumb questions. The flight attended gave me a couple of "What in the world are you thinking?" looks.
I landed in Stuttgart, made it through immigration without any problems, then went and waited for my bag. And waited. And waited. Yup. No bag. Still in Atlanta. Fun stuff. Luckily, I had foresaw that this might be a problem, so I had my toothbrush and other such things in my carry on. My bag should get here tomorrow, and I will have no problem surviving until then. :)
Shannon met me at the airport. After a couple *little* problems (like going the wrong way and forgetting to pay for parking) we made it out of the airport....and directly onto the autobahn. We may have gotten slightly lost, driven 200 kl/h, almost hit a guard rail, and gotten a speeding ticket all in the course of 45 minutes. But that's all a maybe.
After getting to the house....
I ate breakfast at a local bakery, went for a walk around town and then out to some fields with the town in the background, bought a bus ticket *sorta* on my own, hung laundry out to dry, met some pretty cool people, had an amazing cappuccino at a little cafe, exchanged dollars for euros, broke a serving dish of the people I am staying with, played with some adorable little kids, learned a bit of German and have had a wonderful time chatting with Shannon and trying on some outfits.
I am ready for a nice long sleep, but am throughly enjoying myself!
so how does one *hypothetically* speaking get a speeding ticket on the autobahn??? ~your mom ;)
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you are having a fabulous time! The journey is just beginning......kim
ReplyDeletewe weren't speeding on the autbahn....
ReplyDeleteand it does have speed limits sometimes...like when you get closer into a town.