Sunday, March 15, 2009

I've walked where Napolian walked...


Ludwigsburg Castle. Amazing place. 450+ rooms. Beautiful gardens. Shannon and I took the girls to the gardens on Saturday. Its a 20 or 30 minute walk from where we are in a town called Oßweil. After walking around in the gardens that where open, we got a lunch of sausage sandwiches and french fries. We ate in the park, then we bought ice (ice cream) and had a fun time getting it everywhere. Afterwards, we played in the park for a bit. The play place looks like a Swiss family Robinson house and is built around tress, so as you climb in it, we actually climb around branches and go up the trees. Amazingly fun.

Yesterday, Sunday afternoon, Shannon and I went back to the castle for an English tour. Apparently, Napolian had been their on several occasions to visit his friend, who he made king of Germany. So, I have walked where he had. I know, I deserve a pat on the back for that one! We only saw 65 of the rooms. My favorite was one with all different types of mirrors in it. I was itching to steal the tour guides' keys to spend hours exploring. No worries. I refrained.


Last night, I played football the European way and boy am I feeling it today. I was horrible, but it was all just for fun and fun was had.

1 comment: